Raspberry and Beet Ice Cream by Gerdan Chocolates
Taste this yummy treat this Saturday at the Market! Vendor Cook-Off voting will take place 9 to 11am and winners will be announced at 11:30am.
2 x 400ml cans of coconut milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup raw sliced or grated beetroot
1 cup fresh raspberries
1. Warm coconut milk and sugar on medium low heat, until liquid begins to simmer.
2. Remove from heat, stir in raspberries and beetroot. Let rest 20 minutes until cooled.
3. Pour into a blender and process until smooth. Pour blended mixture through a
fine-mesh strainer over a medium bowl and press with back of spoon to remove raspberry
4. Cover and cool in fridge.
5. Follow icecream maker instructions to churn ice-cream mixture.
6. Eat straight away or return to freezer in prepared container.
(dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan and both Raspberries and Beets can be obtained at the Midtown Farmers Market)